The whole of Australia is suffering and while I am so grateful to not have been personally affected, so many people have lost family, their houses and their whole lives. I couldn’t help but think about how we can help them.
So many people (as have we) have already donated and it’s amazing to see what us Aussies do best! We’ve all seen what happens when we band together…. thanks Celeste Barber!
- The NSW Rural Fire Service as this directly benefits the volunteer firefighters on the frontline fighting for us!
- The NSW Wildlife Information, Rescue and Education Service (WIRES). It has been estimated that almost half a billion animals have died in Australia since September 2019, so we want to send some money here to help.
- Foodbank is delivering emergency food relief and water to East Gippsland, helping firefighters and local communities caught up in the bushfires. It is fundraising to send about 5,000 food relief hampers in the coming days. Every $1 they receive provides 2 meals to those who need it.
On top of all of this, we will be accepting canned and non-perishable food as well as toiletries too that we will donate directly to Foodbank so they can get it to those who need it!
For those that can’t make it into us, here is some more information for other places that you can donate to.
- Givit are helping to support people impacted by the devastating fires. They will be using $100 of the funds received to purchase essential items. You can also view what items are needed that can be donated directly to those who need it – you can search and view by clicking here.
- Give Now have a list of organizations that are seeking support now. Click here to find the list.
- WWF is also taking donations to help the wildlife affected.
Whichever way you choose to support or even show your support is amazing! Make sure those who need support get it!