>> 4 DAY WORK WEEK
>> Up to $3,000 signing bonus*
We are looking for a Experienced Automotive Mechanic
We run a Purpose and Values-driven business and are looking for the right high performing team member who is aligned with our cultural vision.
As part of our team, you will have a unique opportunity to learn more about the auto repair business, to increase your own self-leadership skills, to contribute to the well being of others, and to work in an inspirational team culture.
This is the list of responsibilities for this role.
- Apply safe working practices
- Carry out diagnostic procedures
- Implement and monitor environmental regulations in the automotive mechanical industry
- Inspect and service braking systems
- Repair hydraulic braking systems
- Test, service and charge batteries
- Carry out repairs to single electrical circuits
- Repair charging systems
- Repair starting systems
- Service and repair electronic spark ignition engine management systems
- Service and repair electronic drive management systems
- Service and repair electronic body management systems
- Repair ignition systems
- Inspect and service engines
- Repair cooling systems
- Inspect and service cooling systems
- Inspect and service emission control systems
- Inspect and service transmissions (manual)
- Inspect and service transmissions (automatic)
- Service final drive assemblies
- Service final drive (driveline)
- Repair and replace emission control systems
- Inspect, service and/or repair clutch assemblies and associated operating system components
- Repair engines and associated engine components (light vehicle)
- Repair transmissions – manual (light vehicle)
- Repair transmissions – automatic (light vehicle)
- Repair final drive assemblies (light vehicle)
- Repair final drive – driveline (light vehicle)
- Service petrol fuel systems
- Repair petrol fuel systems
- Inspect and service steering systems
- Inspect and service suspension systems
- Repair steering systems (light vehicle)
- Repair suspension systems (light vehicle)
- Remove, inspect, repair and fit tyres and tubes (light)
- Overhaul engines and associated engine components
- Ensure sufficient task analysis is completed to carry work out safely.
- Ensure all direct labouring control work to safe working procedures and systems.
- Co-ordinate all allocate work to trade employees in accordance with directions.
- Request equipment, materials and consumables as required within limits of authority.
- Monitor the use of materials and care of equipment and plant to minimise waste and damage.
- Ensure that labour is constantly employed efficiently and effectively.
- Provide leadership and direction to assigned labour.
- Refer disciplinary action to the Workshop Supervisor.
- Ensure that work is performed as per Job Cards or ITP’s and current schedule of works.
- Ensure all work is carried out to quality and specification requirements and that documentation is completed on time.
- Assist Workshop Supervisor in HR labour employment/recruitment.
- Assist in the management of an harmonious environment, team building and training of apprentices and other employees as required.
- Checking of work performed by employees at critical ‘Hold Points’.
- Wash and clean clients vehicles as directed by the Foreman or their delegate/s
- Keen desire to learn and become an integral part of an efficient team.
- Ability to prioritise and plan work activities, complete tasks on time or arrange an alternate plan.
- Respond promptly to requests for service and assistance both internally and externally.
- Follow Company policies and procedures and maintain confidentiality.
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and develop alternative solutions.
- Undertake self-development activities.
- Display enthusiasm in contributing towards the broader direction of the Company.
- Observe WHS Policy and Procedures and report potentially unsafe conditions.
- Treat all people with utmost respect, work ethically and with integrity.
- Maintain a high degree of product knowledge on all vehicles serviced and repaired by Ipswich City Mechanical
- Follow housekeeping, safety and security procedures that result in a safe and attractive working environment
- Discourage, in a friendly manner, any entry to work areas by customers to ensure the safety of all concerned
- Follow and comply with all the Ipswich City Mechanical workplace health and safety procedures
- Maintain adherence to Ipswich City Mechanical standards
- Make suggestions for improvement as appropriate
- Achieve KPI results as set by management
- Meet internal & external customer requirements for product quality, specification and delivery
Our Values, Goals, etc
Do you live by our values?
ICM Team Goals
We are looking for a Super Star
is this you?!