We are looking for a Qualified Automotive Mechanic
We run a Purpose and Values-driven business and are looking for the right high performing team member who is aligned with our cultural vision.
As part of our team, you will have a unique opportunity to learn more about the auto repair business, to increase your own self-leadership skills, to contribute to the well being of others, and to work in an inspirational team culture.
The successful applicant will:
> Be aligned with our business Purpose & Culture and live our Values in your daily life
> Thrive working autonomously
> Be driven by results and focused on outcomes
> Be willing to be held accountable for the responsibilities of your role
> Be willing to continue to learn and develop your skills
> Have at least 2 or more years experience and Relevant Motor Industry knowledge
> Have high attention to detail & high accuracy level
> Have excellent communication skills
> Have a passion for delivering superior customer service
The core Responsibilities & Outcomes for this role include:
> Carry out diagnostic procedures
> Implement and monitor environmental regulations in the automotive mechanical industry
> Follow our policies, processes, and systems
> Provide excellent team communication
> Car servicing and repairs (air conditioning and a roadworthy license is a bonus but not required)
> Provide clear communication to the workshop
> Process paperwork in a correct and timely manner
> Excellent time management.
> Contribute to the ‘Continuous Improvement’ philosophy of the business
> Other activities that serve the team and business as required
Our business rewards team members based on the value they provide. Therefore we will discuss potential remuneration packages during our interview. This way we ensure a fair value exchange is achieved based on what you could bring and the outcomes & expectations of the role.
If you tick all our boxes, then please send your resume and cover letter telling us why you are a superstar!
Customer Relationships Manager
View Seek Advert HERE
This is the list of responsibilities for this role.
- Apply safe working practices
- Carry out diagnostic procedures
- Implement and monitor environmental regulations in the automotive mechanical industry
- Inspect and service braking systems
- Repair hydraulic braking systems
- Test, service and charge batteries
- Carry out repairs to single electrical circuits
- Repair charging systems
- Repair starting systems
- Service and repair electronic spark ignition engine management systems
- Service and repair electronic drive management systems
- Service and repair electronic body management systems
- Repair ignition systems
- Inspect and service engines
- Repair cooling systems
- Inspect and service cooling systems
- Inspect and service emission control systems
- Inspect and service transmissions (manual)
- Inspect and service transmissions (automatic)
- Service final drive assemblies
- Service final drive (driveline)
- Repair and replace emission control systems
- Inspect, service and/or repair clutch assemblies and associated operating system components
- Repair engines and associated engine components (light vehicle)
- Repair transmissions – manual (light vehicle)
- Repair transmissions – automatic (light vehicle)
- Repair final drive assemblies (light vehicle)
- Repair final drive – driveline (light vehicle)
- Service petrol fuel systems
- Repair petrol fuel systems
- Inspect and service steering systems
- Inspect and service suspension systems
- Repair steering systems (light vehicle)
- Repair suspension systems (light vehicle)
- Remove, inspect, repair and fit tyres and tubes (light)
- Overhaul engines and associated engine components
- Ensure sufficient task analysis is completed to carry work out safely.
- Ensure all direct labouring control work to safe working procedures and systems.
- Co-ordinate all allocate work to trade employees in accordance with directions.
- Request equipment, materials and consumables as required within limits of authority.
- Monitor the use of materials and care of equipment and plant to minimise waste and damage.
- Ensure that labour is constantly employed efficiently and effectively.
- Provide leadership and direction to assigned labour.
- Refer disciplinary action to the Workshop Supervisor.
- Ensure that work is performed as per Job Cards or ITP’s and current schedule of works.
- Ensure all work is carried out to quality and specification requirements and that documentation is completed on time.
- Assist Workshop Supervisor in HR labour employment/recruitment.
- Assist in the management of an harmonious environment, team building and training of apprentices and other employees as required.
- Checking of work performed by employees at critical ‘Hold Points’.
- Wash and clean clients vehicles as directed by the Foreman or their delegate/s
- Keen desire to learn and become an integral part of an efficient team.
- Ability to prioritise and plan work activities, complete tasks on time or arrange an alternate plan.
- Respond promptly to requests for service and assistance both internally and externally.
- Follow Company policies and procedures and maintain confidentiality.
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and develop alternative solutions.
- Undertake self-development activities.
- Display enthusiasm in contributing towards the broader direction of the Company.
- Observe WHS Policy and Procedures and report potentially unsafe conditions.
- Treat all people with utmost respect, work ethically and with integrity.
- Maintain a high degree of product knowledge on all vehicles serviced and repaired by Ipswich City Mechanical
- Follow housekeeping, safety and security procedures that result in a safe and attractive working environment
- Discourage, in a friendly manner, any entry to work areas by customers to ensure the safety of all concerned
- Follow and comply with all the Ipswich City Mechanical workplace health and safety procedures
- Maintain adherence to Ipswich City Mechanical standards
- Make suggestions for improvement as appropriate
- Achieve KPI results as set by management
- Meet internal & external customer requirements for product quality, specification and delivery
Our Values, Goals, etc
Do you live by our values?
ICM Team Goals
We are looking for a Super Star
is this you?!