In Queensland, there are a set of road rules to follow that some drivers break often.
Are you guilty of breaking some of these rules?
1. Your car must be locked, key removed from ignition and handbrake on if the driver is more than three metres away from their car.
2. It’s against the law for your number plate light to be out, as your registration plate needs to be clearly visible at all times.
3. You can’t leave your car locked and unattended with the window open any wider than five centimetres.
4. It’s an offence to use your horn unnecessarily, like saying goodbye or getting frustrated at other motorists.
5. Drivers only need to keep left unless overtaking when roads have a speed limit of more than 80km/hr.
No matter how silly or petty or a hassle it is for you, always remember that you have to follow these rules. These rules are implemented to maintain order and safety, especially on the road.
Every place may have a different set of road rules so it’s important to know them before you travel. And once you’re aware of the rules, don’t forget to have your car checked as well!
Should you require vehicle servicing or repairs, we’re here to assist you with all your car needs. We take pride in providing personalised car maintenance so no job is too small or too big for us.
We offer log book service, brakes, suspension repairs and so much more. We also offer loan cars and provide pick up and drop off in the local area for our clients. Our various payment options are available to make sure that you get that car service without worries. 🙂
If you have any inquiries, you can reach us at (07) 3812 1341 or drop us a message on our Facebook page.
Updated by Adele Goodwin on 27/10/2021