Last week I blogged about why you should service your vehicle and what might happen if you don’t – refer to post here.
This week I want to divulge a little into your new car warranty and regular maintenance services.
- Firstly, non-dealers (like Ipswich City Mechanical) can only do servicing; we cannot do warranty work. A warranty service is only the maintenance part of your new car warranty, not warranty work. You will need to return to the dealer for this, or in turn we can help you organise it if you are booking your service with us.
- You DO NOT have to return to the dealership to have your warranty scheduled service carried out. You will NOT void your warranty by taking it to a non-dealer; but make sure that whoever completes your warranty scheduled service that they do the following:
- They carry out EXACTLY as per your service book schedule. If the brake fluid is due to be done, then it needs to be replaced.
- Genuine parts must be used; you risk your warranty being void otherwise.
- The correct oils and fluids must also be used.
- Most importantly, it must be carried out by a qualified mechanical business. I recommend that you choose a local business, rather than your friend who can do it at home. If you were to have a warranty issue and the manufacturer won’t cover your warranty (for whatever reason), you don’t want to have something like that come in between a friendship. A qualified mechanical business will have the correct insurances in place to make sure that you are covered.
A vehicle manufacturer can however refuse a warranty claim where there is evidence of lack of maintenance, inappropriate work practises or where a non-genuine replacement parts has failed or cause damage.
If you follow all the above that I have pointed out, then you should not have an issue to a claimable warranty, if you were to have a warranty issue.
In the end, it is your decision where to have your vehicle serviced. However, it’s reasonable to expect that any work done is performed by qualified people, according to the manufacturer’s specifications and service intervals and using genuine parts.
At Ipswich City Mechanical, we guarantee that we comply with all of the above as well as offering affordable pricing, exceptional customer service and 12 months/20,000klm Australia wide warranty on our workmanship.
Have a terrific tuesday!